CONFESSIONS OF A COLLEGE MAKEUP ADDICT

sometimes i wonder if i should really be doing this--whether college life allows for time to spend on reviewing and enjoying the makeup products this world has to offer. here's the conclusion i came to: there is always time to celebrate the self, to boost self-confidence and to be proud of the 'you' that you choose to put out in the world.

go on girls, be beautiful.

4.30.2010

The Most Random Thing I've Ever Bought--Tarte Cosmetics Celebutante

Why I decided to buy a coconut-scented body oil is beyond me. I am not the kind of girl who typically oils myself up, but Tarte Cosmetics always draws me in with the yummy goodness that they put in their products. Tarte says this:

"A few spritzes of this non-greasy, dry oil shimmer spray will give even the most office-dulled skin a glistening champagne-colored sheen while the coconut scent is sure to take you away."

First of all, I love love love the smell of coconut. It instantly reminds me of summer and deliciousness. Secondly, I've looked for a way to add shimmer to my skin without covering myself in chunky sparkles, and this seemed to be an effective tactic. This body oil is chock-full of vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E and anti-inflammatory and softening properties to boot. Here's a picture of it in my cute little beach chair soap holder thing.

 It is definitely adorable packaging, as usual. The shininess absolutely got me hooked already. When I sprayed it on, I realized how absolutely true the blurb from tarte was. The consistency is very dry. When it is rubbed into the skin, the "oily" feeling absolutely disappears and the vitaminy goodness is completely soaked up by your skin.

Too bad I am Sicilian and my arm looks like a bear here, but I promise you in reality it's not this obvious. Thank you to the focus of my camera. I don't know if you can catch the sheen that it gives to your skin, but I am telling you this is going to be a daily spritzer when it starts becoming more summery. On the day of my best friend's birthday, I spritzed it all over my legs, and people definitely commented and noticed on how it brought a lot of good attention to my legs, and actually made them look "better." I had a nice, healthy glow and, quite frankly, I didn't look as pasty as I could have. I hate the winter.

My only concern with this product is that when you rub it in, the sparkliness gets all over your hands and you have to wash it off, which I haven't found is too much of a travesty for the pretty sheen it gives your skin. I guess I should expect that it would happen, but in reality it is kind of annoying to have to wash sparkles all off your hands before you think about putting on makeup or heading out the door. As I said, however, I think it's worth the wash.

Long story short: Sexy sheen, kind of pricey ($35), but prevention of free-radical damage while looking like a sex icon is FINE BY ME.

;) all my love
kristie


PS going bare again today--Smooth Operator and some mascara. And my eyebrows. That's it. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment