CONFESSIONS OF A COLLEGE MAKEUP ADDICT

sometimes i wonder if i should really be doing this--whether college life allows for time to spend on reviewing and enjoying the makeup products this world has to offer. here's the conclusion i came to: there is always time to celebrate the self, to boost self-confidence and to be proud of the 'you' that you choose to put out in the world.

go on girls, be beautiful.

3.16.2010

Many Things to Discuss--Clinique almost powder makeup, Biore Pore Strips and the Cool Stuff I Saw in Seventeen

Spring break opens a world that I wish I could enjoy permanently. I have ample tine to search around and test products before I bring them back to school. Not to mention, I'm getting sufficient rest--my skin thanks me for that every day.

With that being said, there are a few things I am going to categorize under March Intrigue. I have found myself happy with these makeup and all-around-beauty products the first times around, and I am assuming it will continue. Included in this list are the following:

  • Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 in 02 neutral fair
  • Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (I bought ULTRA)
  • Crest 3D White Strips Advanced Seal (Advanced Vivid)
  • göt2b smooth operator smoothing lustre lotion
The Clinique Almost Powder Makeup was a suggestion from a friend of mine (hi steph) because I consistently complain about looking too powdery if I ever want to set my tinted moisturizer. Clinique describes it as such: Antioxidants and SPF protect skin. This natural, perfecting “no-makeup” makeup is so lightweight, you’ll never even feel it. I'm going to have to agree with this one. It definitely sets your face and perfects your skin without looking like you have fourteen pounds of makeup on your face. I will probably buy eighteen of these in my lifetime. I also told all of you how important the SPF is! Yucky to wrinkles in the future. Definitely loving this one.

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. Where to begin with how I feel about these. We will start with the sad case of TMI (that's "too much information" for all of you who don't speak internet talk). You know when the pores on your nose are overdosed with yuckiness, and you can feel the bumpiness as you pass your finger over it? Ew. The T-Zone of your face can be a disgusting, disgusting place. Well, these aim to counter that. The process goes like so: You wet your face, put one of the strips on your face, and then let it dry for fifteen minutes or so. When it is dry, it hardens up (the box says like Papier-mâché haha) and you are free to peel it off. I have to say, the weird gross tendencies my T-Zone has are gone, although I've seen no proof of where it has gone, gross enough to say. It doesn't really minimize to the nth degree, although I see some of that, but it definitely clears up the gunk. (for minimizing i'd suggest Dr. Brandt Pores-No-More Line) Also, peeling off the strip feels like taking a not-so-sticky band-aid off your face. Afterwards it felt good, but I was definitely scared to rip that thing off at first. I am confused--a happy confused--on this product. I will continue to use it, just like people continue to watch magic shows without ever understanding how they work.

I've noticed recently that my teeth are definitely not as white as they used to be. Perhaps it is the coffee, soda, and tea that I so often consume. I've whitened my teeth before, but it was years ago. The "technology," if you will, was very different. I found that the process for Crest 3D White Strips seems to be much easier, the bind between the strips and your teeth is much better, and I've only been using it for two days and I'm starting to see a difference. From what I've heard, the results last upwards of a year. I'm looking forward to it. Just in case it messes with my enamel, which unfortunately all teeth whitening processes do, even the ones at the dentist, I'm using an enamel protectant mouthwash. I should be covered.

I rediscovered smoothing lustre lotion by got2b this month. I left it at home when I went back to school and then completely forgot about it. I am never straightening my hair again without putting this in afterwards. It shines up your hair so well, and calms down flyaways like no other product. Pin straight hair cannot live without this product. Plus, the bottle is so cute and it smells like the most delicious bowl of fruit. (Note to the ladies: guys have mentioned that my hair smells delicious more than once when I've used this!!) How can you resist?


Some people may find it embarrassing that I still read Seventeen Magazine, but I've always enjoyed their Beauty Tips and they have certainly shown me some products that are my life's staples. (Allure wins for most suggestions, though) Anwyay I thought I'd share with you the things from Seventeen I'm interested in getting:


Tresemme FRESHSTART *foaming* dry shampoo! Do you think this is less annoying than the powder ones I've gotten that cost me an arm and a leg? Definitely getting this soon and trying it out. Take a look at the Tresemme website if you're interested, too. They have different kinds for varying types of hair.

Conair knows I like everything in mini form--I have a 4 pound Maltese and I can't get over puppies and kittens and infants. So, they enticed me with the Conair Minipro Curling Iron. This little thing is a mere five inches long, and comes with an adorable case. Easy to stash in your bag, or convenient for trips (we all know we need as much space as possible). I need this thing desperately! My curls always go flat halfway through the night. They also have a mini flatiron, for those who would be interested! Adorable! Thank you, Seventeen





 Really looking forward to the start of the warm weather with this army of great things at my neon pink finger tips. Let's pull out the tanks and the miniskirts and get on with it already.




<3 kristie

PS--deodorant battle update, looks like the cake is going to degree right now. It held up better at the gym and glides on easier. In terms of smell it's a tie though. Neither are bad, though! MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment