CONFESSIONS OF A COLLEGE MAKEUP ADDICT

sometimes i wonder if i should really be doing this--whether college life allows for time to spend on reviewing and enjoying the makeup products this world has to offer. here's the conclusion i came to: there is always time to celebrate the self, to boost self-confidence and to be proud of the 'you' that you choose to put out in the world.

go on girls, be beautiful.

3.01.2010

Here it Comes--Russian Red Lip Glass!

I whipped it out and tried the Russian Red Lip Glass from Mac! I'm going to admit to you, I've always been scared of red lips because I was young, and red was just not a color a teen girl could pull off. But we're women now, and I was ready to kick it up a notch.

 
The Russian Red Lipglass was my fourth (free) investment from the sweet deal at the Mac in the Nordstrom near my house. The makeup artist convinced me it is a staple for any makeup collection, and of course I agreed with her--someday, everyone has to get a nice traditional red. I had to test it out before I went out with it, and scoured YouTube to find out how to master the perfect red lip.
After combining a lot of advice, I came up with this: I filled my lips with a lip liner from Mac (in Cherry, another collection staple), added a touch of black eyeliner to the corners for contour and blended it out. Then, with a lip brush, added Russian Red lipglass on top, and then lined the outer rim of my lips with concealer to prevent feathering.



I don't think I've ever felt this sophisticated.  If anyone wants to see more pictures, let me know! It's unbelievable how this lipglass can really substitute for a lipstick. It is sooo pigmented and beautiful! Plus, it maintains the shine of a gloss without having to carry around two different products. It also makes your teeth look whiter! As a side note, all of Mac's lipglasses, including Russian Red, are really sticky, which I have come to realize makes them last longer, but I don't like the feeling on my lips too much. It's something I'll just have to learn to live with.
Also, I have realized that the concealer outline of the lips is vital! Otherwise the liner bleeds and your lips will NOT stay nice. Yucky.

As a color, I am really impressed with this lipglass. It is much more versatile than a lipstick and you can just throw it on and go out (a college advantage! I have barely any time to throw on a dress, let alone spend an hour on my makeup!). I am excited to use this much more often. Oh, another downer--no kissing with this, or everyone will see the dirty deed! ;)


Long story short: who is taking me out so I can wear this? anyone? ;)

<3 kristie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment