CONFESSIONS OF A COLLEGE MAKEUP ADDICT

sometimes i wonder if i should really be doing this--whether college life allows for time to spend on reviewing and enjoying the makeup products this world has to offer. here's the conclusion i came to: there is always time to celebrate the self, to boost self-confidence and to be proud of the 'you' that you choose to put out in the world.

go on girls, be beautiful.

2.28.2010

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Deviant

So, the only reason I bought this pencil was because I passed by it with a friend of mine when we were at Sephora.

 
As you can see, the pencil in "Deviant" is blue--it is pretty, sparkly, and vivid night time blue. It caught my eye immediately, and the second I swatched it on my hand, I thought to myself, "There is absolutely no way I can pull this off, but it's so beautiful that I have to buy it and try it out." So, as usual, I bought it.
The way I decided to use this pencil would be to add a bright pop of color on top of a nude eye. I am officially obsessed with it, now that I tried it! It glides on so easily and it's incredibly deep in pigment. Not to mention it stays during the day (I do have a primer on...it would be interesting to see if it smudged if I wore it bare). 

The nude eye with Urban Decay 24/7 in Deviant ended up beautiful.



I think it definitely illuminates a brown eye!  I used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and used my Coastal Scents Warm Palette to add a skin color on my lid, a vanilla highlight, and a light brown to my crease. A fluffy crease brush blends out the brown--feel free to deepen the crease to ask dark as you'd like. Eyebrows were done with a Sephora kit, and then I popped on Deviant. I added a touch of a light brown to my bottom lash line, a little mascara, and voila!

I think this blue would look good on darker eyes, for the most part. I'd love for you to comment and tell me what you think of what it may look like on a light eye.

Making an entirely long story very very short: a bang for the buck--I am going back to Sephora to buy this in many other colors (I'm thinking Stash and Lust)


<3 kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment