CONFESSIONS OF A COLLEGE MAKEUP ADDICT

sometimes i wonder if i should really be doing this--whether college life allows for time to spend on reviewing and enjoying the makeup products this world has to offer. here's the conclusion i came to: there is always time to celebrate the self, to boost self-confidence and to be proud of the 'you' that you choose to put out in the world.

go on girls, be beautiful.

2.25.2010

Covergirl LashBlast: Volume Blasting Mascara

 
I bought this mascara after seeing it in Allure Magazine. I already have fairly long eyelashes, so I don't really need length, but volume is always an eyelash attribute that girls are looking for.

  
LashBlast comes in this adorable chunky orange tube--I use very black, but it comes in a regular black and a black-brown and brown color, although I don't think I saw that in the drugstore that I bought it in. You can definitely order it, if you are lighter skinned.

 
Here is my eye without any makeup on. Literally, I have nothing on my skin. I put on Lash Blast--a few coats. When you open the tube, it seems very liquidy--maybe a little TOO fluid for a mascara. Which ends up being true--although it really does give your eyelashes the volume that it boasts, it also manages to get all over your face if you blink too early.

 
Another annoying thing--this tube is "aged" a little bit; I've had it for a few months, and I've been wearing it on and off. This tube is beginning to clump--the newer ones literally just coat every eyelash rather than causing that one clumpy thing that happened in the middle of my eye in the picture above. I promise you it will get worse--I recommended this mascara to my mother, and she has had the tube since the summer, and I called her and insisted that she not use it anymore. Clumpiness on women who have aged a little bit more is literally the most unattractive thing I've ever seen--worse than seeing it on a young woman, or at least I think.
On a more positive note, in the beginning of Lash Blast's life, it really does make my eyelashes incredible. Length and volume like I can't get from other mascaras. And in the beginning, feel free to dole on the coats--I used to put on so many coats without one hint of a clump.  I am telling you in complete honesty that I think that in the beginning of its life, it is better than DiorShow. Lash Blast has a rubber bristled brush which definitely does not accumulate the nastiness on it that regular bristled brushes do. You know what I'm talking about. When it gets kind of dry, the regular bristles turn into one enormous mass? Ew.

My main issue with Lash Blast is the flaking that happens at the end of the day. I have consistently patted under my eyes at the end of the day to figure out what that dusty stuff under my eyes was. Oh, of course, it was black smudgy dots from my mascara flaking off of my eyelashes. Really. Annoying. If you touch your face without wiping gently, you will assuredly get black smudge marks all over your face. 


long story short: for like, $6, this mascara is worth a try. in the beginning. the minute it gets thick, don't hope for anything good.



<3 kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment